Thursday, June 20, 2013

Audition Videos

I auditioned for a summer intership in Florida, didn't get it, but learned a few things from doing these videos. A proper camera would have been nice, but I'm limited in technological advances so as Blanche Du Bois would say: "I depend on the kindnest of stragers." Thanks to a friend I got a camera that records things and not a video camera, but it was fine. It would also be important for said camera person to not recond me doing nervous finger twitching, but alas that was because of the weird timing on the camera. Oh well. I think it represented me in a way since at fist I am quite nervous and quiet, but that's more a behind the scenes thing than who I actually am. I think the biggest hurdle in the audition is simply walking in and introducing yourself which still terrifies me, but I think I've learned by now how to take charge of a room and be confident.
 
Both of these videos are the same audition, two different times featuring two of my favorite characters: Katy Jume from Jim Grimsley's "Mr. Universe" and Lena "Mama" Younger from Lorraine Hansberry's "A Raisin in the Sun" which also happened to be my Senior Performance Thesis at the University of La Verne.
Katy Jume is close to my heart especially, I consider her my best friend. She is a character I studied back in my first year at La Verne and without her I wouldn't have grown as much as I have in the past 3 years. She is a character I would very much like to play in the future (and will if I have my way, which I plan to).

No comments:

Post a Comment